1) We offer a complete performing arts curriculum with extensive classes in Dance, Acting, Voice and Music. Each program has a variety of levels and culminates in performances to share the student’s progression. Students who train at our Academy have the capability of becoming a triple threat performer, excelling in dance, acting and voice.
2) Our faculty consists of caring, highly trained professional educators with degrees and certifications to teach all disciplines of the arts. All classes, from our toddlers to our adults, receive professional educators. We believe every student, not just the intensive dancer, deserves the highest quality instruction we have to offer.
3) Each faculty member at MJPAA adheres to our training program that fosters continuity in our student’s education. This results in a solid technical foundation as our student’s progress through each season.
4) We refer to our end of the year “Dance Recital” as a Concert. Our Concerts are professional, family appropriate productions that encompass themes and theatrics similar to a Broadway show. We hold 5 Concerts to keep each show at an enjoyable length for our audiences.
5) Along with our Dance Concerts, we hold annual Music Recitals for students who participate in our Music Department.
6) We offer numerous opportunities for students to perform throughout the year. Tampa Bay Triple Threat Theatre, The Universal Movement Performing Arts Company and The Classical Ballet of Tampa hold auditions throughout each season and host a variety of productions in the fall, spring and summer.
7) Our classes and programs are geared to give students the tools they need to succeed in any path they choose.
8) Our Academy has the privilege to collaborate with our non-profit theatre company, affording additional opportunities and sharing a common ground to maximize endless possibilities for every student’s performing arts education.