1. How do I register if I am a new student?
If you are a new student you can register online at our website mjpaa.com/summer. If you need assistance or would like a tour of our facility, please feel free to call 813-969-0240 press (1). We look forward to meeting you and we want to thank you for giving us the opportunity to offer your child a summer experience they will fondly remember for life!
2. How do I register if I am a returning student?
Returning students can register online through their Customer Portal. Visit mjpaa.com and click the Customer Login link. If you have any questions or need additional assistance please feel free to contact us.
3. Does Mary Jo’s offer Before or After Care?
Before Care and After Care are available for all camps and workshops, register online at mjpaa.com/summer.
- Before Care- Drop your child off at 8:00AM before they begin camp. $25.00 for the week Monday through Friday.
- After Care-Leave your child after camp until 5:30PM. $50.00 for the week Monday through Thursday. No After Care on Friday due to end of the week performances. If you enroll your child in after care, they will enter after care once their camp has ended.
- Tuition is charged weekly. Daily tuition and prorating are not available for Before or After Care. After Care is not available for Half-Day Wiggle & Giggle. A $25.00 fee will be assessed for any student dropped off more than 15 minutes before the class/camp starting time or picked up more than 15 minutes after class/camp ends.
4. Does Mary Jo’s Performing Arts Academy provide lunch for summer camp?
Students can bring a packed lunch or order lunch for $7.50 a day. Lunch orders must be placed online each week by Monday at 10am. A healthy snack will be available for snack time in Wiggle Giggle and Shining Stars Camps. Mary Jo’s Performing Arts Academy also has a snack bar. Snack cards may be purchased for $10.
5. Does Mary Jo’s offer Summer Discounts?
Yes, below are our summer discounts.
Early Registration Discounts- Don’t Miss out on receiving early bird discounts. Many of our Camps/Workshops have early registration discounts with a deadline of April 30th.
MJPAA Member Discount on Camps and Workshops.
10% Sibling Discount
6. What should my child wear to summer camps, classes & workshops?
Please visit the Summer Uniform page for more details on summer attire.
Please make sure to label any removable clothing (coverups, etc.) as well as lunch boxes and water bottles with your child’s full name. MJPAA is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Please have your child leave any electronic devices at home in an effort to keep it a distraction-free learning environment. Apple Watches and Electronic Watches are strictly prohibited. Please limit personal belongings to one dance bag or backpack. Please make sure to send your child with a water bottle.
7. What number do I call if I need to get a message to my child during the day?
Call Mary Jo’s Performing Arts Academy receptionist desk at 813.969.0240, press (0) and ask for a Camp Director.
8. How do I drop off and pick up my child for summer camps and classes?
Parents are responsible for their child’s safe and timely arrival to Mary Jo’s classes/camps/workshops and their departure from the building.
Wiggle & Giggle and Shining Stars Camp Drop Off: In the mornings there will be a sign in/out sheet where parent initials are required.
Wiggle & Giggle and Shining Stars Camp Pick Up: Parents will be required to initial the sign in/out sheet once again at pick up time. If a person other than the drop off parent will be picking the child up, the drop off parent must write the name of the person authorized to pick up the child on the sign in/out sheet.
All other Camps and Workshops will drop off and pick up on the east side drive thru of the Academy.
A $25 fee will be assessed for any student dropped off more than 15 minutes before the class/camp starting time or picked up more than 15 minutes after the class/camp ends.
9. What if I need to drop off my child late?
If you need to drop your child off late, you will need to walk your child up to the Dancer’s Closet Boutique and press the doorbell. Please remember Academy doors are always locked for safety precautions. Late arrivals are discouraged, as they are disruptive to the class.
10. What if my child is sick and unable to attend camp as scheduled?
Before arriving at MJPAA, parents should check their child’s temperature. An elevated temperature of 100° or higher is a valid reason for your child to forgo coming to camps, workshops or classes that day. If your child is sick and unable to attend, please call MJPAA at (813)969-0240, press (3) to leave a message on our attendance line or email email@example.com. Tuition for camps, classes and workshops are non-refundable.